About Caputi's Northtown Liquors
Vincent Caputi returned home from World War II in the spring of 1946. With a desire to start his own business Vincent applied for a Veterans loan and opened his first store at East Delavan and Humboldt Pkwy in April of 1946.
Driven by his dedication to family Vincent worked hard and the business continued to grow over the next several years. With his business steadily growing Vincent had to move to a larger location on East Delevan and Oakgrove where he stayed until 1968.
In 1968 Vincent moved his store to the Northtown Plaza in Amherst. With his son Bill active in the family business they continued to thrive, forcing them to move yet again in 1972 to a larger location in the plaza.
In 1984 his son Bill bought the business and Vince semi retired working a day or two day a week until 2004. Bill continues the family work ethic with the same expertise that he learned from his father. Bill works hard and is running the store along with running Caputi's Sheridan Pub Sports Bar.
The Caputi family business continues to thrive in even in difficult times due to the work ethic that has been instilled in their family down through the generations.
We are proud to say the family business will continue on with the third generation of Caputi men. Bills son Vincent is now managing the store and they will be joined by the youngest son Derek this summer.
Caputi Liquors, where hard work and customer satisfaction is the key to our family business.